Oh my God, Pull the Drapes!

Directly across the street from my beautiful Grade II listed hotel is a newly built modern hotel which only opened it's doors this week. Until it opened, I could look across and into the big windows. I watched them furnishing the rooms, and then making up the beds located right in front of those big windows. Each one of the big windows has a bright orange shade. Any idea where I am going with this?

My windows are tall, narrow, and draped. The bed is set well back in the room. I guess the folks at the new hotel think that if they can't see into my room, I can't see into theirs. They would be wrong about that.

The view from the end of my bed

Two days ago, I sat at the end of my bed putting on my shoes and saw a woman in her bra standing by the bed directly across the street from me.. Just seconds later she was joined by a man just out of the shower. I know he was just out of the shower because he carried a towel and he was starkers! Yep, just like in 'Friends' - ugly naked man. I don't actually know if he was ugly, I really didn't look that closely.

Yesterday morning, about 8:, I sat in the same place doing the same thing. The folks across the street were there too. Morning sex! Seriously.

Last night was Bonfire night. As much as I wanted to join the crowds down at the docks to watch the parade and fireworks, it was too cold and I was too tired. Lying in my bed, I realized I could see the fireworks reflected in the very top floor windows across the street. Not as good as the real thing, but fun nevertheless. I could see the shadows of two people in one of the top rooms blocking out part of the fireworks. You guessed it, as soon as the fireworks on the Mersey were through, they decided to have some fireworks of their own.

For God's sake people, pull the shades! (My hotel manager has promised not to charge me extra for the entertainment. He's also offered to lend me his bins!)

The view from my window

2 comments: